Between Α and Ω

My name is Dasrik and if you disagree, you are wrong.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

A self-hypnosis how-to

Over this past week, I had two root canals. This gave me the chance to practice some self-hypnosis.

If you close your eyes, you can often see little flashes of light. I'm not sure what they are yet, but if you focus your vision on them, they can sometimes expand, contract or dissipate, depending on just how strong your focus is. I think they may be unpredictable. But if you can draw your focus on them, it helps the time go by and can sometimes even free you from pain.

While I still had some pain during these root canals, they were generally milder than expected, and the recovery process has been, for the most part, pain-free. I'd like to practice this technique more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home