Between Α and Ω

My name is Dasrik and if you disagree, you are wrong.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Remembering Michael Jackson

People who know me know about the weird coincidence that happened the day Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson died, so I'll just skip that and get to the remembering.

The first time I heard of Michael Jackson was when I saw the music video for "Beat It" at the Gilmers' house. The Gilmers are well known Bahá'ís who have a long career as musicians spreading the word of the Bahá'í Faith. I'm not sure what seed got caught in me, but before I knew it I had bought the "Bad" album on cassette.

I loved Michael Jackson well beyond the time everyone started making fun of him. I remember wanting to do a book report on "Moonwalk". I was laughed off. It was a hard day for me.

I'm not sure at what point I realized that Jackson was far gone beyond the point where anyone could save him, but it became too difficult to listen to his music. My brother, though, never stopped being able to enjoy his music. He's an interesting guy that way.

Rest in peace, Michael. I'm remembering you as the guy from "Thriller" who believed in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home