Between Α and Ω

My name is Dasrik and if you disagree, you are wrong.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Reflecting on the past

Yesterday I watched the movie "Ghost Busters" at dialysis.

I'm sure most of you are familiar with the movie, and it's indeed entertaining. However, the date is starting to show. One of the antagonists is an EPA agent who risks the destruction of the city because of his concerns over the environmental hazards of the main characters' operations. His overcautiousness is played for laughs at first and then becomes the direct cause of a near cataclysmic event.

This kind of humor seems downright ignorant in modern times, when environmental concerns are very real and all but the most closed-minded, wishy washy types realize that the future of Earth is very much in doubt.

I don't know, the more I grow, the harder it is to just enjoy things at face value.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home